Compute Farm Manager
Consultant Sheryn Loh (R1762884)
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-05-07 banking Singapore SG SGD 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Compute Farm Manager job has arisen in a global investment bank, based in Singapore. As part of the global platform team, this is a role for a highly specialised software professional to safeguards the firm's culture of high-calibre software engineering. This will be part of the Platform team which is a global, multi-disciplinary function who is responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across the bank. You will be partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platform solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-calibre software engineering.
About the Compute Farm Manager Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be driving the roadmap and owning half the compute farm globally for the firm from Singapore and working with partner-level stakeholders, having close interaction with the eight teams across Unix, Networks, storage, scheduling, cloud integration, financial, etc.
- Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Collaborate with application development teams and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
The successful Compute Farm Manager will need to have at least five years' experience of relevant distributed compute systems experience in either systems administration, cgi programming, etc.
- Highly knowledgeable with Linux/Unix or Windows and Erlang/Python/Perl/C++/C/Java/SQL/shell scripting or Asynchronous frameworks
- Knowledgeable of many other areas of technology (networking, hardware, etc)
This leading global investment bank has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and promotes from within – career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are a talented and focused Compute Farm Manager seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1762884 Sheryn Loh