Resident Engineer (Storage)
Salary SGD6000 - SGD7500 per month + Insurance coverage for family + allowances
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 21 February 2019 2019-02-212019-03-03 it Singapore Singapore SG SGD 6000 7500 7500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Resident Engineer job has just become available at in one of the most renowned global IT firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will be reporting directly to the Managing Partner.
About the Resident Engineer Role:
You will provide operational support and guidance to customers to support the management and use of storage or backup solutions. You will be responsible for performing a wide variety of daily storage or backup management tasks as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient storage system use. You will lead, engage and work with teams for projects. Furthermore, you will also get the opportunity to assist, lead and manage major projects locally and globally.
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of DELL EMC storage and Backup solutions to help maximise their satisfaction with DELL EMC. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of DELL EMC products
- Technical knowledge on various DELL EMC Storage and Backup products
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure
- Experience in managing storage and Backup migration technology
- Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required
- Performs necessary storage and backup infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required Provides assistance to DELL EMC technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s)
- Provisions solutions based on standardised procedures as outlined by DELL EMC best practice documentation
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with DELL EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations
- Represents DELL EMC in a professional manner to customers, DELL EMC Partners and other DELL EMC personnel at all times
- May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Minimum eight years’ experience
- Level 2 or Level 3 System Administration in Unix flavors such as Solaris or HPUX or AIX or Linux Redhat
- Data Migration skill set using host based utilities such as LVM Mirroring, VxVM Mirroring and etc
- Knowledge in SAN/EMC Products is advantageous
- Knowledge in VMWare/Virtualisation added Advantageous
- Strong Technical Aptitude
The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani