Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 29 January 2019 2019-01-292019-03-30 it Singapore Singapore SG SGD 4000 6000 6000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A security company is looking for a DevOps System Engineer to join its team based in Singapore.
About the DevOps System Engineer Role:
We have a small Infrastructure engineering team here in Singapore and looking for an outstanding engineer with a DevOps mentality to join us. You are passionate about information security and innovation; you believe their symbiotic relationship and continuously improving to strengthen that relationship.
The team is on a mission, empowered and self-organizing. We work proactively and constantly to improve our process and skills, we “automate the heck out of everything” to help ourselves and fellow colleagues. We give respectful honest feedback, to each other so as to be ourselves, only better. We work hard to deliver highly available quality solution for everyone to enjoy.
- Administration of Linux hosts
- Configuration of network equipment (switches and firewalls)
- Database troubleshooting and maintenance
- Administration and troubleshooting of various open source and third party technologies
- Hardening and monitoring of security of hosts and network devicesImplementation and management of
- DevOps and configuration management infrastructure
- Development of tooling and scripts to automate regular tasks
- Proactive monitoring and improvement of the infrastructure
- Research technologies, prototype their use and recommend the optimum solution for a given problem.
- Monitor and maintain service availability
- Ensure procedures are documented
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures
- Follow up on requests, deployments & incidents/issues (including escalation) and ensure proper and timely closure
- •Support disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- •Documentation and reporting for reference and compliance
To succeed in this DevOps System Engineer role, you should have prior experience with DevOps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly preferred.
- Three years or more experience administrating and troubleshooting Linux and/or FreeBSD systems
- Two years or more scripting experience (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with database administration and troubleshooting (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (chef/puppet, foreman, rundeck/ansible)
- Experience working with version control systems
- Strong technical documentation skills, and an understanding of the importance of documentation in a compliance environment
- Requirement to carry duty support phone and respond to urgent calls as part of a rota
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Bonus points for PKI experience
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With its history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are someone with an engineering mindset, passionate and a curious mind about technology, this is a great opportunity to gain project experience with a very well-known organisation.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity now.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee