SQL DBA Engineer
Salary SGD60000 - SGD75000 per annum
Consultant Cynthia Cheung (R1875098)
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-10 banking Singapore SG SGD 60000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A global Investment Bank is looking for an engineer to join their Database team on a long term basis. The SQL DBA Engineer will be responsible for handling operational duties on a day to day basis in addition to occasional design work.
About the SQL DBA Engineer Role:
The SQL DBA Engineer is responsible for identifying and solving database requirements for APAC.
- Maintain and support database systems to ensure their operational readiness at all times
- Provide prompt response to incident, request and change tickets logged through the Service Manager
- Troubleshoot, update, resolve and close incident, request and change tickets in a timely manner
- Participate in Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery exercises to achieve success
- Ensure database systems compile with corporate governance and country's regulator in terms of security and audit requirements
- Adopt best practices to enhance systems and storage devices for resiliency and availability
- Monitor database systems periodically and take appropriate actions to achieve optimal performance
- Anticipate and plan database system capabilities in order to meet growth demand
- Participate and perform global supports through Follow the Sun model
- Work closely with global teams on products and IT solutions
- Create, maintain and update relevant documentation to comply and meet security and audit requirements
To succeed in the role, the SQL DBA Engineer will have strong MSSQL experience.
- Experience with MSSQL, Oracle and Sybase
- Experience in the service-management process
- Experience in scripting languages
This international brand is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise and great value is placed on training and development.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain experience in a global investment bank known in the market for its culture and stability.
Apply for this role now!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1875098 Cynthia Cheung