Database Administrator (12 months convertible to Perm)
Salary Bonus and allowances
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 08 January 2019 2019-01-082019-02-07 it Singapore 23 Tai Seng Drive/Tampines Hub SG 535223 SGD 6000 7500 7500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Database Administrator job has just become available at in one of the most renowned global IT firm based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Managing Partner.
About the Database Administrator Role:
In this crucial role you will be responsible for many different duties like project planning, deployment and migration. You will also design & perform changes to the network & management processes. Responsible for providing day-to-day support and maintenance for databases including Oracle /HPUX/Linux.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support and maintenance for databases including Oracle /HPUX/Linux
- Responsible for investigating potential problems and issues
- Monitor database events and proactively optimise system performance
- Work with the team to automate reactive procedures where possible, and to promote rapid response to known issues
- Work with other teams to promote changes to production and other environments
- Accountable for maintaining database configurations in compliance with established best practices
- Accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Responsible for database capacity planning, performance tuning and data re-organisation
- Responsible for writing Database maintenance scripts
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with the other teams across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Studies
- Oracle Certified Professional in database (OCP 8i, 9i and 10g) is preferred
- Strong experience supporting mission critical relational databases
- Considerable experience and knowledge of Oracle
- Over four years’ experience in administering a large/complex production Oracle/Redhat Linux/HP UX
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent learning abilities and have the ability to use various resources to research issues
- Skilled in scripting and automating repetitive administrative tasks
- Good understanding of RAC, physical and logical standby, and other high availability Oracle technologies
- Experience in physical database designs
- Experience in backup software is definitely plus
This firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients in their portfolio. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Database Administrator role.
Apply for this role today!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani