Network & Security Engineer
Salary SGD6000 - SGD7500 per month + Completion BonusCONTRACTOR
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-09 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A new Network & Security Engineer job based in Singapore has just become available at a renowned IT firm.
About the Network & Security Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for implementation, administration and technical support of network system solutions. This position will allow you to be a part of the professional services team that creates, implements and supports solutions.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation; define, document, and enforce system standards
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architects on network optimisation
- Design, install, configure, and maintain network system solutions, which will include upgrading and migration
- Monitor firewall alerts, traffic logs, endpoint virus infection statistics and provide systematic report on health status
- Conduct review of traffic log analysis to identify the abnormalities and conduct further investigations
- Work in a day-shift manner with dynamic teams to manage expectations and timelines to ensure commitment and expectations are being met
- Conduct, lead, design workshops for network solutions design to meet business and technical objectives
- Analyse and document incident defects and communicate the incident priority to the necessary levels of management and whenever possible
To succeed in this Network & Security Engineer (12 months) role, you should have the relevant experience and an analytical knowledge of firewalls.
- Diploma in IT with two to three years' relevant network security engineering experience
- Experience with troubleshooting, configuration and implementation (Level 2-3)
- CCNP certified
- Working experience with Firewall Checkpoint, Cisco ASA Firewall
- Knowledge of F5 Secure and Bluecode Proxy
- Technical understanding of implementing and configuring routers and switches
- Analytical knowledge of firewalls
- Willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedures, adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere
This global IT firm has been in Singapore for over 25 years and is renowned for providing quality services to its clients worldwide.
If you are driven and are seeking an opportunity to take your career forward with an industry leader, this Network & Security Engineer (12 months) role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani