Lead Linux and Middleware Administrator (24 months)
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-02 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
An exciting Lead Linux and Middleware Administrator (24 months) job has just become available in one of the biggest organisations within the government sector in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Partner.
About the Lead Linux and Middleware Administrator (24 months) Role:
In this crucial role, you will be a team lead for the Linux and Middleware function but you will oversee and lead a small team of System Engineers for the following duties and deliveries. Furthermore, you will also get the opportunity to assist, lead and manage major projects locally.
- Deployment, administration and operational support for mission critical application systems using IBM Websphere, MQ and Redhat JBoss technologies
- Perform system and security upgrades, patches, vulnerability fixes on a timely basis
- Monitor the systems health and performance; plan, maintain and execute disaster recovery processes as required
- Support the set-up, implementation, maintenance and upgrade of the middleware services to ensure the technologies used are continually supported
- Ensure compliance to security standards and policies, operational support of the middleware services and the upkeep of middleware related assets and documentation to ensure they are up-to-date at all times
To succeed in this Lead Linux and Middleware Administrator (24 months) role, you should have prior experience in Linux and middleware with good communication skills.
- At least 10 years' hands-on experience in operating and supporting Linux and IBM Websphere/MQ and/or Redhat, JBoss mission critical application systems with two years in a supervisory role
- Experience in the design and implementation of a highly resilient, secure and scalable Linux and middleware infrastructure environment using IBM Websphere or Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform would be an advantage
- Experience in leveraging on cloud-ready technologies to enable scalability of the infrastructure
- Good attitude and good communication skills
- Experienced in working with local agencies and set ups
- Dedication and commitment is key
This is one of the largest companies within the government sector in Singapore. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani