Senior Systems Engineer (APAC)
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 02 October 2018 2018-10-022018-12-01 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Senior Systems Engineer (APAC) job has just become available at one of the leading e-commerce companies based in Singapore. You will be involved in many exciting projects.
About the Senior Systems Engineer (APAC) Role:
The company is searching for a Linux Systems Engineer with AWS experiences to join the Singapore office and be part of the highly distributed global team. As a Senior Systems Engineer within the Business Applications Squad, you will join the team in the administration and enhancement of a number of core business applications, to create and deploy new solutions and tools and provide support and training to its global user base.
The applications include the company's task management, documentation and intranet platforms. In addition to these ‘off the shelf’ products, some of the applications supported have been developed/enhanced in-house and the team is made up of software and system engineers working closely together to create the products.
- Automation of manual tasks in Ansible (or similar configuration management systems)
- Use of Infrastructure as Code to manage and deploy systems in public cloud systems
- Identify problems before they develop into outages and advocate for remediation
- Administer to supported systems, including (but not limited to):
- Deploying and updating software on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Health checks and monitoring
- System related communications – upgrades, outages, upcoming training, etc.
- System backups
- User account admin - create, modify, delete (including permission control)
- Roll-out of software - client installs, system updates
- Maintenance and distribution of user support material and training
- Maintenance and creation of internal documentation for systems and applications
To succeed in this Senior Systems Engineer (APAC) role, you should have experience in automation and scripting with knowledge of change management best practices.
- Good understanding of common system architectures – both internally hosted (client-server, etc.) and cloud based
- Extensive system administration / application support experience is essential, particularly across a number of business functions or applications alongside strong customer service desk/help desk experience as the company strives to provide an outstanding service across the business
- Although this is currently not a management role, previous line management experience will be useful
- Experience in automation and scripting (Bash, Python)
- Good knowledge of change management best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - methodical, logical, patient, careful, and accurate
- Experience with the following tools will be beneficial as the company uses them - JIRA, Confluence, Amazon Web Services, WordPress, Slack, SharePoint Online
- Extensive experience working with Linux at the command line
- Experience in working effectively in lean/agile teams and with remote teams, ideally across time zones
- Possess confidence to be an effective advocate for colleagues based in APAC
This is a leading e-commerce company. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee