Storage Engineer (12-month convertible contract)
Salary SGD7500 - SGD8500 per month + performance bonus
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 27 September 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Storage Engineer (12-month convertible contract) job has just become available at a renowned global IT firm based in Singapore.
About the Storage Engineer (12-month convertible contract) Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualisation, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release.
- Architect, implement, test and document storage system architecture for CI product development
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of new products and conceptualisation of features and implementation review and release
- Present technical concepts to stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Stay current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking and associated training and seminars
To succeed in this Storage Engineer (12-month convertible contract) role, you should have prior experience in storage systems engineering.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or acceptable combination of equivalent industry experience will be considered
- At least six years' experience in storage systems engineering or product development
- Expertise with storage technology such as VMAX, Unity, VNX, Isilon
- Expertise in AVAMAR
- Expertise in data services technologies and concepts including protection schemes, deduplication, thin provisioning erasure coding, NVMe
- Experience with SAN Switches and Fiber Channel zoning / masking
- Expertise on storage area networking – protocols - iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NVMe over Fabric, RDMA
- Expertise in storage management technologies – APIs, Common storage oriented workflows and tasks, storage monitoring and analytics functions
- Experience with storage replication solutions such as SRDF, MirrorView, SANCopy, RecoverPoint
- Experience with VMware vSphere, Linux Administration and scripting (Red Hat, Ubuntu, SUSE), KVM
- Experience with networking concepts – TCP/IP, routing, switching, VXLAN, troubleshooting OSI
- Experience working with server platforms from vendors such as HP, Dell, Cisco, IBM
- One or more industry certifications such as EMC Speed/USpeed, EMC Proven Professional, General Storage Certs, VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSE or Cisco Data Center certification
- Expertise with Dell EMC Data Protection technology such as Data Domain, Avamar, Networker, RecoverPoint, VPLEX
This global IT firm has been in Singapore for over 25 years and it is renowned for providing quality services to clients worldwide. It represents multiple global corporations across multiple industries.
If you are driven and are seeking an opportunity to be part of an industry-leading organisation, this Storage Engineer (12-month convertible contract) role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani