Automation Network Engineer
Salary SGD4000 - SGD6500 per month
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 20 August 2018 2018-08-202018-10-19 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Automation Network Engineer job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading global manufacturing company.
About The Automation Network Engineer Role:
This is predominantly a project operations role; however, you will work across the full project life cycle, including opportunity identification/sales support, solution development, project execution, and post-implementation analysis.
You will use your knowledge of specific applications / domain knowledge to define and implement network, cyber security and wireless plant network solutions for clients. You will be the reference point for others and have the required knowledge to implement the technology or product concerned within a cross-product PSS solution. You will also ensure that your specialist product knowledge and skills are kept current.
- Support and execute projects that involve networking, cyber security and wireless plant network technologies
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot network services, equipment and devices
- Be the adviser for project execution within networking/cyber security field of expertise and be directly linked with Project Manager and/or Project Lead
- Participate in and lead client support activities such as: site survey; feed study; troubleshooting / support call resolution; network modifications and training
- Organise internal knowledge transfer - undertake regular knowledge updates, using workshops where appropriate, to the Asia Pacific Engineering team
- Work closely with best cost centres in developing execution support and capability
- Ensure that company's quality control processes and relevant standards are followed
To succeed in this Automation Network Engineer role, you should have strong communication skills and have prior experience working in a multinational and diverse environment.
- Degree in IT, Computer Engineering or any related discipline
- Possess network certification (CCNP, CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless)
- Possess or working towards cyber security certification (SANS GSEC, CISSP)
- At least three to five years’ experience in implementing cyber security solutions on ICSS (i.e. security assessments/analysis)
- Experience with automation industry and automation platforms (DCS, MES / Operations Management, Safety Systems, Wireless)
- Strong understanding of automation industry customer needs and familiar with business systems (IT) and plant operations environment (OT) in automation industry
- Willingness to travel (30% of the time) - travel is generally for shorter periods, though longer assignments may be required, depending on projects
This manufacturing company is an expert in its field. It offers an excellent culture with autonomy, empowerment, and opportunities to take on different and exciting projects.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Automation Network Engineer role is the job for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee