Infrastructure Architect (Based in Thailand)
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Nathan Smit (R1871799)
Date posted 17 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A rapidly expanding technology group is looking for the a talented Infrastructure Architect to join their international team based in Bangkok. As you will be working in an international environment, strong business English is required.
About the IT Infrastructure Architect (Based in Thailand) Role:
You will work with a diverse team of English-speaking PMs, system engineers, network engineers, DBAs, infra vendors, software development teams and business users to take a leadership role in closing the gap between them. You will also be involved in architecture review/audits to define technology standard/process/policies and provide technical guideline and support during implementation phase.
- Work with customers to get requirement for create design proposal
- Provide technical consultancy in part of infrastructure an architecture design related topics during project
- Develop infrastructure solution to ensure that new solution can be seamless integrated with exiting infrastructure platforms
- During implementation phase, ensure that deployed solution remains aligned with the proposed design proposal
- Review and assess current state architecture (As-is) and define targeted architecture (To-be) ensuring that the future state designs are according to group security policies, capacity/business growth, scalability, performance, and resiliency requirements
To succeed in this role, you will need to explore new industry trends, technology and product to develop local infrastructure roadmaps aligning with global/group infrastructure strategies. You will also need to analyse current infrastructure architecture state and develop future state design solution in accordance with business requirements, standard best practices, project timeline and, approved/allocated budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT or related fields
- At least five years of in-depth experience with designing and implementing IT infrastructure at scale
- Technical/architectural certification(s) across network, storage, server, virtualisation and cloud technologies preferred
- Hands-on experience in at least 3 technology stacks from the following technologies: VMWare, Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, NGINX, F5, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are desired
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written skills to develop technical documentations and presentations in English, to communicate effectively to stakeholders that speak and read in English
- Demonstrate ability to understand customer's needs and articulate technologies to business stakeholders
- Demonstrate project delivery experience with consideration of design and implementation estimates
- Demonstrate successful proposal experience including developing and presenting technical requirements based on business requirements gathered to the customer up to management levels
- Good understanding of RTO, RPO, SLA, SOA, Micro-services, SaaS, IaaS and PaaS terms and concepts
- Experience in working or adopting DevOps and Agile methodology into project delivery
- VCDX, MCSE, RHCE, RHCA or any relevant certificate is a plus
- Knowledgeable in both Linux and Windows environment
- Strong technical troubleshooting, analytical skills, creative thinking and innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong understanding of networking, firewalls, load balancing, storage technologies, middleware platforms and IT security
- Ability to work in a team environment as a team member and as a team leader
- Multi-national and/or cross border project experience is desired
The successful Infrastructure Architect will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in comfortable and modern offices.
If you are a progressive Infrastructure Architect with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Kindly note that this vacancy is handled by Kanita Tippayajan, Consultant from Robert Walters Thailand and all applications should be sent to her directly at Kanita.Tippayajan@robertwalters.co.th
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871799 Nathan Smit