Data Backup Engineer
Salary SGD60000 - SGD100000 per annum
Consultant Harresh Krishnan (R1767144)
Date posted 06 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Data Backup Engineer job has just been made available at a global financial services firm based in Singapore.
About the Data Backup Engineer Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for planning, managing and administering back-up strategies for servers, databases and file services in an enterprise hybrid cloud environment.
- Manage projects which include planning, scheduling, coordinating and providing solutions
- Validate processes and ensuring integrity of backup instances
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery tests and exercises
- Monitor back-up systems' availability, performance and resource capacity
- Work closely with business groups and advise on appropriate architecture, setting up of infrastructure and right sizing to optimise resource utilisation
- Maintain and develop technical documentation and standard operational procedures
- Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies and procedures
- Work closely with various IT operations teams to support and troubleshoot back-up problems and issues
To succeed in this Data Backup Engineer job, you will need to be a strong advocate for the automation of back-up operational tasks and be able to improve efficiency through the use of tools or scripts.
- 3-5 years' relevant experience in cloud computing or engineering
- Possess a good degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good team player who is keen to learn, independent, and with strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skill-sets
- Experience with back-up solutions for Azure/AWS IaaS and PaaS services, Public Cloud backup management (eg. AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Netbackup, Data Domain and Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance (ZDLRA)
- Experience with Security solutions (e.g. SafeNet, Protect-V encryption) integration with backup
This is a successful and sustainable business and is built on doing tangible, long-term good for its employees, customers and the communities it serves. The organisation offers exceptional opportunities for growth and career development for its employees.
If you are a talented and focused Data Backup Engineer seeking the right opportunity in IT to take your career forward, this is the role for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767144 Harresh Krishnan