Infrastructure Engineer (China Market)
Salary SGD4000 - SGD5000 per month
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 02 February 2017
An exciting Infrastructure Engineer (China Market) job has just become available at one of the most respected pharmaceutical MNCs based in Singapore.
About the Infrastructure Engineer (China Market) Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for administration and monitoring of systems and network including data centres to ensure smooth operations. You will also be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical systems.
- Responsible primarily for the administration, maintenance and monitoring of AD administration, email systems, email archiving solutions, IPTEL systems, document management systems and monitoring systems
- Verify all servers/ systems are applied with the correct application, firmware and server update patches and are running in an optimised environment
- Perform preventative maintenance on servers and storage
- Perform monitoring on the required infrastructure systems and ensure all required actions are taken to resolve alerts
- Administer and manage system and data backup as per policies
- Review and report on the security and compliance status of the IT infrastructure
- Work with vendors on maintenance and upgrade tasks
- Manage systems and end user computing security policies
- Monitor the replication of server runs properly and the DR procedures tested and ensure relevant DR documentations are updated
- Monitor and maintain preventive maintenance of the data centres
- Support ongoing IT project work, HQ and outport
- Attend to any urgent important help-desk issues or requests of high priority and importance
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management
- Maintain and ensure the network availability uptime for all offices
To succeed in the Infrastructure Engineer (China Market) job, you will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for the managed systems. You will also recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications.
- Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, Group Policy and TCP/IP networking, EndPoint Protection
- Excellent knowledge of MS Exchange Server and SMTP configurations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft ISA, IIS and SQL Server
- Understanding of PBX / VoIP Administration
- Understanding Cisco Routers and Switches
- Understanding of VB Scripting for automated tasks and unattended installations
- Understanding of call logging, prioritisation and escalation
- Citrix, VMWare, Active Directory, Exchange, Cloud Infrastructure and System/Applications offerings
- Mandarin language skills are an advantage as the oversight in this role includes a China client portfolio
This pharmaceutical MNC needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field.
If you are driven, determined and ready to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed