Network / IT Support Engineer
Consultant Sarah Park (R1660125)
Date posted 11 January 2017
A leading global financial trading firm is looking for a Network / IT Support Engineer in Singapore who is a subject matter expert in the networking domain with hands-on experience in administration and management of the office’s desktop systems.
About the Network/ IT Support Engineer Role:
In this role, you will have an opportunity to tout your extensive skills and abilities while helping to solve complex network issues. You will be able to flex your network knowledge with in-depth packet and provide L2/L3 end user help desk support, on site and remote support for all office users in Singapore.
- Implementing, maintaining, optimising and supporting network connectivity
- IP internet working and LAN Switching (subnet, CIDR, OSI, TCP, UDP, spanning-tree, 802.1q, port channel)
- Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, PIM Multicast)
- Work closely with Trading platforms, Software Development team to optimise market participation
- Physical installation of equipment in both office and data centres, such as setting up Cisco phones and shifting desks
- Work with, maintain and develop disaster recovery tests and plans
- Capture and log incidents and service requests from users and provide first-class service to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Installation, troubleshooting and general support of a range of applications on laptops, desktops and mobile devices
- Support other infrastructure such as Servers, Storage, Virtualisation and effectively liaise with vendors for any escalated issues
To succeed in this Network/ IT Support Engineer role, you should have at least five years' experience in managing infrastructure systems in high frequency trading platform.
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning
- Experience and high level expertise in designing complex, highly available, infrastructure solutions in a large-scale, multisite, international environment
- Expert level internet-working troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment
- Solid understanding of network analysis (bandwidth, latency and loss, tcpdump, netflow/sflow)
- Solid understanding of network and system attack methods as well as security best practices
- CCIE is a plus
- Excellent experience in providing L2 and L3 Helpdesk Support
- Must have very good verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and willing to roll up sleeves and engage in the physical aspects of IT office and data center support
- Working experience in Financial sector isn’t necessary
This financial trading firm is a global leader in electronic market making across a broad range of asset classes, providing liquidity on over two hundred market centres around the world. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment within career progression opportunities.
If you are a talented and focused Network/ IT Support Engineer seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1660125 Sarah Park