AVP - Big Data Hadoop Administrator
Salary SGD60000 - SGD120000 per annum + negotiable
Consultant Sarah Park (R1660125)
Date posted 13 December 2016
An exciting Big Data Hadoop Administrator (AVP) job in a leading global long-term investment firm has just become available. Based in Singapore, this is a role for a talented and experienced Big Data Hadoop Administrator.
About the Big Data Hadoop Administrator (AVP) Role:
In this role, you will engage in the design, development and maintenance of the big data platform which hosts structured and non-structured data sets that support various business operations and enable data-driven decisions.
- The responsibilities include, but not limited to the following ;
- Design, deploy, manage big data platform
- Install, maintain & upgrade Hadoop ecosystem components
- Monitor Hadoop cluster for job performance and capacity planning
- Administrate a Hadoop cluster and various ecosystem elements including HDFS, Map Reduce, Hbase and Spark
- Configuration and management of security for Hadoop clusters
- Automate cluster node provisioning and repetitive operational tasks
- Manage and monitor Hadoop cluster and platform infrastructure
- Develop detailed design documentation of the Hadoop platform and integration with data ingestion and visualization tools
- Work closely with Data Scientists, System Administrators and Data Architects to ensure the platform meets business demands and the Infrastructure Management teams (Storage, Network, Unix, Backup) to develop a support model for Hadoop Cluster platform and services
- Manage and administer NoSQL Database systems and Relational databases (Oracle and SQL Server)
To succeed in this role, you should have at least four to seven years' relevant hands-on experience as a Hadoop Administrator, managing and taking ownership of resolving complex issues escalated from the team.
- A deep understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Experience working with integration of structured and unstructured data using enterprise databases (RDMBS, NoSQL)
- Proficient in data migration and minimization of downtime supporting an SLA
- Administration experience in any of the following Big Data related technologies:
- Hadoop Technologies: MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Pig, Hbase, Hive, Zookeeper, Spark, Sqoop, Solr, Flume, Impala
- Hadoop Platforms: Cloudera
- NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, AWS Redshift
- Experience in database sharding, replication, recovery, and performance optimizations
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity practices in Hadoop stack.
- Strong knowledge in Hadoop monitoring tools
- Proficiency in the following areas will be a plus:
- Big Data applications such as Pivotal, tableau will be an added advantage
- Hands on knowledge in Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Knowledge of scripting and automation of deployments
- Experience with Bash, Python, Perl, or other shell automation language
- Familiar with Cloud Infrastructure Management, for example in AWS
- Relevant certification on Hadoop Administration e.g. Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop
This leading global investment firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and promotes from within – career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are a Big Data Hadoop Administrator seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1660125 Sarah Park