Back-End Developer (RoR)
Salary SGD54000 - SGD66000 per annum
Consultant HuiTing Eeo (R1766259)
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Back-End Developer (Ruby on Rails) job based in Singapore has just become available at a retail supply chain start-up that is backed by one of the world's leading petroleum MNCs.
About the Back-End Developer (RoR) Role:
The growing engineering team is now developing a web and mobile application with complex modules to deliver speedy solutions to the retail industry. In this role, you will have a chance to work with world-class engineers in Singapore and Europe. This is a permanent position based in Singapore.
- Be a key member of the company’s engineering team, building and making decisions that will drive the future of the platform’s experience
- Responsible for development of innovative applications
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to write efficient, testable, and reusable code, and solving complex technical problems
- Take the lead in integrating external products and services via APIs to add new functionality to the applications
- Optimise components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborate closely with peers for code review and assist QA in creating CI/CD pipeline, test plans and system
- Initiate research and experiment with emerging technologies to improve existing systems and develop new products and services
To succeed in this Back-End Developer (RoR) role, you should come with strong coding fundamentals and be able to develop web applications from ground up in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Have a minimum of five to eight years' experience in a fast-paced development environment using back-end development technologies, primarily Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience in object-oriented programming and experience with MVC frameworks will be an advantage
- Experience with other Relational Databases and NoSQL technologies and able to write, debug, and optimise SQL queries version control systems such as Git, TFS
- Experience working with high-availability, high-performance, scalable enterprise level systems
- Highly developed process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Working experience with Apigee, PHP, Angular Js and node.js will be advantageous
This company is at the forefront of creating the first retail + supply chain solution for business across Singapore and Europe to streamline supply chain and procurement processes across various retail businesses. The firm is also backed by a renowned petroleum MNC and has solid product features in the pipeline waiting to be delivered.
If you are keen to take on your next challenge with a company with exciting growth opportunities, this Back-End Developer (RoR) role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766259 Eeo Hui Ting