Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 03 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Quantitative Developer job based in Singapore has just become available at a renowned global buy-side firm in the banking industry.
About the Quantitative Developer Role:
You will be tasked to build and maintain the data and related infrastructure for all quantitative teams in Singapore, working closely with the quantitative teams, IT, Enterprise Data.
- Ensure that the quantitative data infrastructure and related processes are consistent with best practice, well documented and adhere to internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Continuously improve the individual productivity of all quantitative team members by identifying and automating manually intensive operations
- Drive improvements in productivity and robustness of workflows of the quantitative teams by automating, stabilising, and streamlining its workflows
- Source data internally and from external vendors as required
- Maintain strong documentation and guides for the benefit of all quantitative team members and for audit requirements
- Promote best practices in relation to all forms of development activities across the quantitative teams including language choice, coding style and patterns, documentation and version management
To succeed in this Quantitative Developer role, you should have prior experience in the finance industry with knowledge of database design, networking protocols and data structures.
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative discipline such as Engineering; PhD / DPhil a plus
- At least three years' experience in the finance industry; specific experience within an asset management environment a plus
- Knowledge of database design, networking protocols and data structures
- Demonstrated ability to design, create and maintain databases and stored procedures
- Demonstrated ability to organise, maintain and integrate a range of data feeds from multiple channels in different formats
- Working knowledge of R and SQL required
- Knowledge of Python / Java / Perl / C# a plus
- Working knowledge of APIs for financial information systems (e.g. Bloomberg / Factset) a plus
- Knowledge of systematic factor-based investment strategies and risk models (e.g. Axioma) a plus
This global buy-side firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader within the banking industry. Their culture in the Singapore offices is renowned as one of the best on the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Quantitative Developer job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak