SWING GUI Developer
Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 06 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A SWING GUI Developer job has just been made available at a leading bank based in Singapore.
About the SWING GUI Developer Role:
You will be joining the Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities technology team, which has a proven track record of delivering critical low-latency front-office pricing/trading solutions to the FICC businesses. You will be based in Singapore working in the eFX technology team, helping to analyse, design, build and deploy multi-tier, high-availability globally deployed systems.
- Take existing production architecture and ambiguous/changing requirements into stride
- Development is primarily Java based, with peripheral technologies including TIBCO Rendezvous (RV), Sybase, UNIX shell scripting, and middleware based on IBM MQ Series
- Work with an agile delivery model and communicate with other developers both in EMEA and the US as part of a global team
To succeed in this SWING GUI Developer role, you should have solid knowledge of Java and all aspects of GUI development.
- Solid knowledge of Java and all aspects of GUI development using Swing including but not limited to threading, performance optimisation, building UI widgets, etc.
- Five+ years' working experience building distributed applications in Java
- Active usage of design patterns in past implementation and demonstrate strong understanding of design patterns of why and where a pattern should be used
- Strong understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application
- Experience with distributed architecture (caching, topologies, etc.) and able to demonstrate strong understanding of latency, concurrency, reconciliation, etc.
- Working knowledge of reading, writing and parsing XML
- Strong understanding of a RDBMS; must have an understanding of writing complex SQL, stored procedures, applying referential integrity and performance tuning
This is an established bank in Singapore that is embarking on a major transformation program. Its culture in the Singapore office is renowned as one of the best in the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting SWING GUI Developer role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak