VP of Engineering
Consultant Nathan Smit (R1871799)
Date posted 06 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A VP of Engineering job has just been made available in one of South East Asia's most successful digital and direct payment solutions companies. You will be tasked to look after a team of engineers that maintain various payment systems.
About the VP of Engineering Role:
You will be tasked to oversee multiple development teams, own the technical direction of the product suite, and ensure the successful delivery of product releases. Elements for success include a strong background in mentoring and providing leadership to a growing development staff, providing strong project management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Partner with the line of business to create and execute a technology strategy that will enhance overall business capabilities
- Stay abreast of technology industry trends and best practices
- Continuously transform the organisation to increase efficiencies and reduce overall expense
Delivery Planning and Execution:
- Create, prioritise, plan and execute portfolio/product roadmaps through collaboration with Product Management and DevOps, including the on-going re-sequencing of projects in the portfolio roadmap as priorities shift
- Reduce time to market by utilising Agile methodologies
- Manage resource allocations, budget and time to market
Risk and Compliance:
- Ensure domain's compliance and control activities support technology and enterprise business objectives are aligned with executive risk tolerances and expectations
- Ensure processes and controls within domain enhance performance, security, reliability and availability of systems
- Lead integration and synergy between architecture/technology planning and development initiatives, providing direction and decisions in application development
- Cultivate good system management disciplines including clearly defined and documented roles and responsibilities, documented phase processes and checkpoint and detailed planning for system deployment
To succeed in this VP of Engineering role, you should have experience leading a team in production support for payment systems and knowledge of payment/banking systems.
- Experience leading a team in production support for payments systems
- At least five years' experience in system production support
- Software system development/management would be an advantage
- Proficient in SQL queries/scripts to support data extraction/statistics and ad hoc service requests
- Hands-on experience in the Linux, Windows, Tomcat, Apache, JBoss environments
- Familiar in Linux commands, Java, HTML, CSS and Java Script
- Knowledge of payment or banking system is mandatory
This is a market-leading payment solutions company that offers challenging but rewarding growth opportunities.
If you are driven and motivated to take your career forward, this VP of Engineering job is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871799 Nathan Smit