Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 12 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leading financial institution in Singapore is currently looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join the team. In this job, you will be tasked to build and maintain robust data infrastructure for use by the quant teams with the Quantitative Solutions Group (QSG).
About the Quantitative Analyst role:
You will build and maintain the data and related infrastructure for all quantitative teams in Singapore, working closely with the quantitative, IT, and Enterprise Data teams.
- Ensure that the quantitative data infrastructure and related processes are consistent with best practice, well-documented and adhere to internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Continuously improve the individual productivity of all quantitative team members by identifying and automating manually intensive operations
- Drive improvements in productivity and robustness of workflows of the quantitative teams by automating, stabilising, and streamlining its workflows
- Source data internally and from external vendors as required
- Maintain strong documentation and guides for the benefit of all quantitative team members and for audit requirements
- Promote best practices in relation to all forms of development activities across the quantitative teams including language choice, coding style and patterns, documentation and version management
To succeed in this Quantitative Analyst role, you should have prior experience in the finance industry with a demonstrated ability to build robust solutions on time.
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative discipline such as Engineering; PhD / DPhil a plus
- At least three years experience in the finance industry; specific experience within an asset management environment a plus
- Knowledge of database design, networking protocols and data structures
- Demonstrated ability to design, create and maintain databases and stored procedures
- Demonstrated ability to organise, maintain and integrate a range of data feeds from multiple channels in different formats
- Working knowledge of R and SQL required
- Knowledge of Python / Java / Perl / C# a plus
- Working knowledge of APIs for financial information systems (e.g. Bloomberg / Factset) a plus
- Knowledge of systematic factor-based investment strategies and risk models (e.g. Axioma) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver robust solutions on time
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with both quantitative and IT/Enterprise Data teams
- Familiar with best practices in change management, release management, and incident management
- Object-oriented design skills with knowledge of design patterns and object modelling for building business logic, analytics and data processing applications
- Working knowledge of machine learning and data visualisation techniques a plus
This global buy-side firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader within the banking industry. Their culture in the Singapore offices is renowned as being one of the best in the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Quantitative Analyst job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak