Full-stack Engineer (Java/Ruby)
Salary SGD5000 - SGD7000 per month + RSU (stocks)
Consultant Daphine Choo (R1653097)
Date posted 02 December 2016
A Full-stack Engineer (Java/Ruby) job has just become available at one of the up-and-coming start-up companies in Asia. They are in the travel industry. They retain a start-up culture to promote innovation and creativity, but they are strongly backed by an American-based parent company listed on NASDAQ.
About the Full-stack Engineer (Java/Ruby) role:
As a Full-stack Engineer (Java/Ruby), you will play a critical role in building new features to improve an amazing product.
- Design and implement product features and functionality for various sites and services
- Integrate with partners and build API's for external services on the platform
- Collaborate with the Sales, Product and Business teams to understand requirements and deliver solutions that are scalable to various markets
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Participate in design discussions, reviews and propose/implement solutions to technical problems and challenges
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and computer science fundamentals
To succeed as a Full-stack Engineer (Java/Ruby), you should come with strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and computer science fundamentals.
- More than four years' experience in hands-on development
- Experience in Java and ruby is essential
- Proficient in HTTP, Web Services and Restful APIs
- Experience working on front-end and client technologies such as JS, CSS3, HTML5, JSON, etc and database systems is a plus
- Experience working with cloud based systems and infrastructure services such as AWS, GCP, etc is a plus
The firm embraces entrepreneurial spirit and operates like a mature start-up. The job of a Full-stack developer (Java/Ruby) is demanding and fast-paced but if you are tech evangelist, you will enjoy the technology that they work with. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a seasoned Full-stack (Java/Ruby) developer who enjoys a start-up environment, yet wants the security of an established company, apply for this role now!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653097 Daphine Choo