RAD Developer Analyst
Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 25 November 2016
A global buy side firm is looking for a RAD Developer Analyst to ensure proper process workflow is followed in accordance with internal controls, compliance and audit requirements.
About the RAD Developer Analyst Role:
RAD, the tactical development team of technology, works closely with investment teams, risk and other business units to deliver the solutions to be used in the entire investment process. Unlike normal projects, RAD follows prototyping and iterative development blending inputs from multiple source systems. Reporting to the head of RAD team, the analyst will play a pivotal role to serve as the intermediary between investment and risk teams and core technology developers.
- Understand and analyse user requirements
- Prepare functional specification documents
- Assist in preparation of prototypes
- Able to engage with technical team/data team to clarify requirements
- Able to engage with end users and business managements
- Validate the developed products to ensure it’s in line with requirements
- Assist in technology risk management process
- Ensure system uptime and daily Business As Usual deliverables for smooth functioning of the systems
- Perform regular process studies to identify gaps and optimise the process
- Create Process Manuals and responsible for their upkeep
Interacting with investment and technology on the daily basis, you will need to have both strong financial and technical knowledge and be able to articulate clearly and effectively to both the investment professionals and the technology team.
- Degree in IT, Finance, or other Technical/Quantitative Major
- CFA Preferred
- Strong business analysis skills
- Good understanding of the investment management business, and various financial products including Equities, Fixed Income and common derivatives instruments and their use in investment management setting
- Minimum seven years' experience in a business analysis role, preferably from asset management or investment banks
- Strong technical skills in at databases and SQL, Excel, experiences in programming C# will be an advantage
- Experience in python or statistical languages are a plus
- Comfortable with financial platforms such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters EIKON, Datastream, FactSet etc
- Experience in financial analytics libraries such as R, Matlab, FinCAD or EIKON Addfin
This global buy side firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader within the banking industry. Their culture in the Singapore offices is renowned as one of the best on the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting RAD Developer Analyst job.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak