Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 23 November 2016
A financial services company is looking for a Quantitative Developer to build and maintain the data and related infrastructure for all quant teams in Singapore.
About the Quantitative Developer role:
Working closely with the quant teams, IT and Enterprise Data teams, the main responsibilities of the Senior Developer are to build and maintain robust data infrastructure for use by the quant teams with the Quantitative Solutions Group (QSG).
- Ensure that the quant data infrastructure and related processes are consistent with best practices, well documented and adhere to internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Continuously improve the individual productivity of all quant team members by identifying and automating manually intensive operations
- Drive improvements in productivity and robustness of work flows of the quant teams by automating, stabilising, and streamlining its work flows
- Source data internally and from external vendors as required
- Maintain strong documentation and guides for the benefit of all quant team members and for audit requirements
- Promote best practices in relation to all forms of development activities across the quant teams including language choice, coding style and patterns, documentation and version management
To succeed in this role, you should possess at least three years' experience in the finance industry. Specific experience within an asset management environment would be a plus.
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative discipline such as Engineering, PHD / DPhil a plus
- Knowledge of database design, networking protocols and data structures
- Demonstrated ability to design, create and maintain databases and stored procedures
- Demonstrated ability to organise, maintain and integrate a range of data feeds from multiple channels in different formats
- Working knowledge of R and SQL required
- Knowledge of Python / Java / Perl / C# a plus
- Working knowledge of APIs for financial information systems (e.g. Bloomberg / Factset) a plus
- Knowledge of systematic factor-based investment strategies and risk models (e.g. Axioma) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver robust solutions on time
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with both quant and IT/Enterprise Data teams
- Familiar with best practices in change management, release management, and incident management
- Object-oriented design skills with knowledge of design patterns and object modelling for building business logic, analytics and data processing applications
- Working knowledge of machine learning and data visualisation techniques a plus
This global buy side firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader within the banking industry. Their culture in the Singapore offices is renowned as one of the best on the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Quantitative Developer job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak