Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 10 November 2016
A leading bank is currently seeking a Senior Developer to join their Test Engineering team to develop test engineering solutions. This is a permanent opportunity in a organisation with a dynamic team culture.
About the Senior Developer role:
In this role, you will develop internal test automation related solutions, particularly in the development of an in-house Cucumber based testing framework to create re-usable testing modules, DSL extensions, test reporting services, REST based services, as well as general internal web development, automated testing suite integration, DevOps JIRA and tool-chain integration.
The role will require on-going engagement with a broad constituency across the bank, dealing with teams in both development and testing who are at varying stages of technology adoption.
- Hands-on development
- Engage with testing and development teams across the bank
- Work within an agile development project that integrates with the bank-wide DevOps stack
- Engage with vendors and architects to determine strategic direction
- Evaluate and implement new technologies in line with bank strategy
- Document and publish standards and procedures
- Keep current with new technical developments for potential use as solutions to requirements
- Work with security and compliance teams to ensure solutions conform to bank and industry standards
- Deliver high quality engineering solutions for the bank business needs
- Provide consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and QA for test automation and orchestration
- Identify and recommend new technology that will add value to the organisation in terms of performance and cost
- Undertake continuous improvement for the current Infrastructure
The ideal Senior Developer is a technologist with a passion for technology and development. You should possess broad and deep skills in multiple languages, primarily Java, and diverse technology stacks including Windows and Linux, networks and database experience, and have excellent design and architecture skills.
- Established technology engineer with five or more years' working at an enterprise level
- Background in various disciplines is essential, such as software development life-cycles, testing, implementation, systems administration and support with a significant period of time inside a development team
- Ability to articulate use cases, document requirements and provide management summary information for proof of concepts and testing is required
- Significant experience in Java, Cucumber and web technologies such as Python
- Solid understanding of the role and value of software QA/Testing
- Broad interest in software languages and development practices
- Systems engineering experience encompassing networking, resources, architectures, performance and design
- Solid technical knowledge of Unix and Windows host operating systems
- Experience with Compliance and Regulatory constraints required
- Knowledge of Virtualised environments
- Familiarity with orchestration and work flows an advantage
- An understanding of DevOps and related technology is a significant advantage
This is a multinational bank that works on cutting edge technology. If you are looking to join a multinational brand and work in a team that thrives on an entrepreneurial / agile environment, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak