Consultant Daphine Choo (R1653097)
Date posted 13 October 2016
An exciting Backend Engineer job has just become available at one of the biggest online travel companies in the world. It is looking to set up and grow its development team here in Singapore and you will be one of the pioneering engineers to work out of Singapore and work on huge, scalable platforms for this global organisation.
About the Backend Engineer role:
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering high quality software for the Chinese suppliers and partners and therefore this role requires you to speak both fluent Mandarin and English for ease of communication with native speakers. The exciting projects you will be working on are scalable mission critical platforms serving millions of users a day from all over the world. You are required to be an independent learner with exceptional problem-solving and communication skills as well as a team player with the desire to work in a collaborative, challenging and dynamic environment. You are also required to have experience in working on scalable architecture as well as have strong foundational understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Design, develop, and test features/functions delivered via applications and services to meet users' requirements
- Construct logic and physical design of system process based on user's processes and requirements
- Integrate large amount of data into the platform’s current data base and front end platform
- Maintain and ensure the quality of the current platform
To succeed in this Backend Engineer job, you will need to have the ability to work independently and have a real passion for technology to learn the latest languages in the market.
- Strong Java or Scala experience
- Tertiary education qualified with at least three years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment
- Strong knowledge with RDBMS knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, MySql or other)
- Knowledge of NoSQL (especially, but not only Cassandra) is ideal
- Knowledge of queuing system experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ) is a plus
- Knowledge of Play framework, Akka library and/or Hadoop is advantageous
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git for source control, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Puppet for deployment is a plus
- Strong foundational understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns is key
- Possess an exceptional eye for detail and methodical in your approach to design and coding
- Excellent Mandarin and English communication and collaboration skills is necessary as you will be dealing with Mandarin-speaking clients outside of Singapore
- Contributions to open source platforms like Github and Stack overflow is highly ideal
As one of the largest international internet companies headquartered in Asia, this company is looking to grow its operations in Singapore and prides itself in delivering to its clients excellence and quality. You will be working on exciting global projects within the technology space. This company has an exciting start-up environment and is constantly looking for driven developers passionate about technology.
If you are a driven and determined self-starter who wants to take the next step in your career, this role is perfect for you. You will be part of the new team in Singapore. Please apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653097 Daphine Choo