Head of Artificial Intelligence
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Felicity Burrows (R1984582)
Date posted 18 November 20192019-11-18 2020-01-17 it Singapore SG SGD 100000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Artificial Intelligence job has become available at a copany that focuses on cutting-edge, cross-functional research, with a strong R&D center which turns projects in products across AI, virtual and augmented reality, the Internet of Things, mobile computing, big data, cloud computing and wearable technology. The purpose of the Head of AI role will be to lead their Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision team. This is a completely unique opportunity to make a huge impact in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with solid historic roots and worldwide footprint.
About the Head of Artificial Intelligence Role:
In this business critical role reporting to the Group CTO, you will lead the artificial intelligence and computer vision teams responsible for delivering cutting edge products leveraging innovative machine learning and computer vision solutions for its application on visual inspection, noncontact inspection, sensor electronics/optics, predictive maintenance, etc.
- Drive the AI and computer vision technology strategies and roadmap across the products
- Liaise with the Group CTO and Product Management team to understand functional and non-functional requirements and align with the business strategy
- Define roadmap supporting the successful delivery of the technology and drive its execution
- Provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring for multi-disciplined software R&D engineering team
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities under pressure, pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages
- Perform line management duties, including: recruitment, reviews, one-to-one meetings, motivating and performance management
- Investigate new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and academia and determine how to leverage these new technologies into our software solutions
- Coach, performance manage and promote knowledge sharing
- Plan for team growth examining the blend of skills required
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardisation, code reviews, reusable code base development, best practice, source control and deployment processes
- Cultivate a professional culture within the teams, where individuals take ownership and are proud of delivering excellence
To succeed in this Head of Artificial Intelligence role, you must be commercial with strong business acumen, able to strategise and possess excellent communication skills along with very strong technical skills with the ability to be hands-on.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with AI and/or computer vision specialisation
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership position in a software engineering team
- Proven record of high performance developing AI and/or computer vision applied solutions in your past positions
- Ability to understand and improve complex software architecture and to deliver sophisticated software projects
- Extensive knowledge of two or several programming languages in the following set: C++, Python, Java, R
- Hands-on experience with machine learning tools, including two or more of: Scikit-learn, Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Jupyter Notebook, Spark
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, to manage expectations, and to deliver products and project milestones
- Strong people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and external entities
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and stay on top of a dynamic work environment
- Team building spirit
This company Our client transforms and advances traditional industry with cutting-edge technology, software and platforms. They create new levels of performance by applying future technology to traditional processes and industries. They have a completely unique product in the market which is a real time radar that can see through walls using computer vision to be able to use the data to create future predictions.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a huge impact in a fast-paced, start up-like environment with solid historic roots and worldwide footprint, this Head of Artificial Intelligence role is right for you.
Click the link to apply now.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1984582 Felicity Burrows