Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Felicity Burrows (R1984582)
Date posted 17 October 20192019-10-17 2019-12-16 it Singapore singapore SG SGD 8000 14000 14000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Data Scientist job has just become available at one of the world's leading FMCG brands in Singapore. This is an excellent company to work for who are very strong at internal mobility, training and rewarding their employee's.
About the Junior Data Scientist Role:
As a Data Scientist, you will build algorithms/analytic IP targeted at transforming strategic decisions and operations by bringing advanced analytics and cognitive science into your core work processes. You will be accountable for understanding the problems within the organisation, crafting new algorithms and advanced predictive and statistical models to solve identified problems, and partner with other IT professionals to embed the models into new systems of activity that craft measurable business value.
- Continuous mentoring – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager and global peers
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work-life balance
- State-of-the-art career development and exposure into your areas of interest in data science
- Demonstrate your skills on big data platforms and analytic tools to grasp the business building insights
- Evaluate available data sources and propose strategic acquisition or crafting of new data sources to assist ongoing problem resolution
- Work with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business
- Collaborate with multifunctional teams to evaluate business activities, then develop innovative and effective approaches to tackle team’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies
- Identify and/or create appropriate algorithms to resolve the problems, design experiments to validate initial assumptions and provide scenario modelling as required
- Lead discovery processes with business stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes
- Take charge of model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact critical business processes and decisions
- Communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive
- Design and implement analytical frameworks in the context of overall performance marketing objectives such as media effectiveness, RnF/conversion rate optimisation, consumer engagement, smart audience creation, content optimisation and penalisation
To succeed in this Data Scientist role, you must be able to achieve business goals, engage with business leaders for problem identification, recommend data sources inside or outside of the business to resolve problems, and advise junior team members on the technical aspects of modelling.
- Master’s degree or PHD level qualification. Preferred quantitative disciplines include Operations Research, Economic Theory, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, and Analytics
- At least five years' experience as an analyst, lead developer in BI systems, or data scientist with proven record of embedding advanced analytical models into business processes
- Strong technical skills, comfortable with SQL, R and/or Python and having a strong understanding of mathematical background of various modelling approaches
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools such as KNIME, Tableau, Spotfire
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence/big data ecosystems such as Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, Hive
- Knowledge of scientific computing such as C++, Java, Scala
- Knowledge of advanced analytical models such as Bayesian, optimisation (global, local, stochastic methods), uncertainty quantification, etc.
- Strong leadership record, exhibiting both ability to engage clients and lead a team
- Excellent written and good communication skills to influence others to take action
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and possess thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a can-do attitude
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading global brand that can provide a long term career with lots of opportunity for progression and learning and development.
If you are seeking an excellent opportunity to join a global leader ad work in a very successful team working on exciting projects with a high volume of data to get your hands on, this Data Scientist job is perfect for you.
Apply now or call me to learn more about this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1984582 Felicity Burrows