Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Felicity Burrows (R1984582)
Date posted 15 October 20192019-10-15 2019-12-14 it Singapore SG SGD 7000 12000 12000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An Data Scientist job opportunity has become available at one of the world's leading logistics companies operating in more than 200 countries worldwide.
About the Data Scientist Role:
The Data Scientist is responsible for implementing predictive and optimisation solutions into the core business process. This position is for an experienced Data Scientist who is looking for a dynamic environment where your contribution to projects will have a visible impact on the business.
- Analyse raw data: source data from existing multiple data warehouses, assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream modelling
- Identify new potential data sources: value of new data, integrating into analysis, assessing data readiness for automation and optimisation
- Design, build and maintain efficient predictive solutions, full cycle: business case, data preparation, modelling, deployment to production
- Design rigorous experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Collaborate with the engineering team to scale analytical prototypes to production
- Monitor performance of the deployed models and fine-tune when needed
- Collaborate with business teams to define new requirements or changes related to advanced analytics solutions
- Educate business users to understand the relevance of specific data and analytical approach; communicate on best practices
- Maintain code version control and document results of experiments
To succeed in this role you must have proven knowledge where to apply and how to evaluate results of data mining, statistical and ML techniques: pre-processing techniques, regression, classification, and time series models as core of experience; graphs and geospatial is a plus.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in business intelligence/data mining
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a statistical/ML data modelling in an international environment
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Ability to write efficient code in Python
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional cross-geographical teams to analyse and understand business needs
- Passion for technology; good communicator, team player, positive and can-do attitude
- Great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources
- Good knowledge of at least one of the functional areas: customer relationships and sales, supply chain, freight forwarding/express/e-com/logistics operations
- Good verbal and written English: ready to present to a business audience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field: statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, data science or analytics
- Professional certification is a plus
This is a world-leading logistics company operating in more than 200 countries worldwide, and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since the 1960’s. The company possesses an excellent brand and reputation.
Superb career progression opportunities await the right candidate in this Data Scientist role.
Apply now to find out more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1984582 Felicity Burrows