Salary SGD7000 - SGD15000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant Felicity Burrows (R1984582)
Date posted 15 October 20192019-10-15 2019-12-14 it Singapore SG SGD 7000 15000 15000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A newly-created Data Engineer job has just been made available at one of the world’s largest logistics companies operating in over 200 countries. This is an excellent global brand and super business to work for.
About the Data Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure and solutions in Analytics and Data Science. Reporting into the Head of Data and Analytics. This role is part of the Global Business IT team.
- Independently perform data acquisition, preparation and exploration: sourcing data of different formats, cross-referencing, assessing quality, profiling, cleansing etc.
- Build efficient data schema for analytics solutions
- Build data pipelines: sourcing and structuring for downstream processing, data transformation and feature engineering
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed
- Maintain code version control and documentation
To succeed in this Data Engineer role, you must be able to collaborate with data scientists to scale predictive models from prototypes to production which includes ML code optimisation.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in business intelligence and data product development, preferably in an international environment
- Experience with ML products is advantageous
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Spark and expertise in one or more database engines with preference of Teradata, MySQL, MongoDB. Familiarity with NoSQL
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud storage, hosting, and compute environments
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile methodology and Development Operations (DevOps)
- Demonstrated understanding where to apply and how machine learning techniques work
- Proven capabilities to build and maintain large and complex data sets
- Good knowledge of at least one of the functional areas: customer relationships and sales, supply chain, e-commerce, freight forwarding/express/logistics operations, any service operations
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional, cross-geographical teams to analyse and understand business needs
- Passion for technology; good communicator, team player, positive and can-do attitude
- Great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources
- Good oral and written English: ready to present to business audience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field: Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or Analytics
- Professional certification is a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global leader and have the chance to work with huge amounts of data for a company that can provide superb career progression.
If you are keen to directly with data scientists and business on needs and tactical solutions to execute new work flows from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions, and have excellent business acumen, this Data Engineer job is perfect for you.
Apply now or email me to discuss further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1984582 Felicity Burrows