Principal Database Administrator (DB2 z/OS)
Salary SGD7500 - SGD9000 per month
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Principal Database Administrator (DB2 z/OS) job has just become available at one of the most respected accounting firms in Singapore. Reporting directly to the section head, this is a role for a experienced Database Administrator who is a leader in their field.
About the Principal Database Administrator (DB2 z/OS) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for any technical validation, problem solving, and delivering the highest quality service alongside the database team. You will also take the lead in providing direction to all database-related activities, including database management, research, team management and report submissions.
- Primary subject matter advisor to lead and manage medium to large sized database administration and operations function
- Responsible for the design and implementation of database services, and the upkeep of database-related policy, architecture and design artefact
- Assist application developers with tuning SQL in applications
- Implement Oracle High Availability (HA), partitioning and replication features
- Build, load, and refresh databases for testing
- On-call rotation for database support
To succeed in the Principal Database Administrator (DB2 z/OS) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior stakeholders, development teams, across functions and internal matrix.
- Degree with minimum 15 years’ experience in database administration and data management technologies in DB2 z/OS and Oracle DB
- Expert knowledge in database design, data maintenance and database security
- Good experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems with sound knowledge in software development, system technology, middleware and backup and disaster recovery solutions preferred
- Ability to facilitate issues with development and support
- Ability to work beyond business hours and weekends for work contingencies where necessary
This accounting firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. With great clients and known for its corporate entertainment, it has won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Principal Database Administrator (DB2 z/OS) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed