Junior Data Scientist
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Felicity Burrows (R1984582)
Date posted 07 July 20192019-07-07 2019-09-05 it Singapore singapore SG SGD 8000 14000 14000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Junior Data Scientist job opportunity has just become available at one of the world's leading FMCG brands in Singapore.
About the Junior Data Scientist Role:
As a Data Scientist, you will be building algorithms/Analytic IP targeted at transforming strategic decisions and operations by bringing advanced analytics and cognitive science into your core work processes. You are accountable for understanding the problems within the organisation, crafting new algorithms, advanced predictive and statistical models to solve identified problems and partner with other IT professionals to embed the models into new systems of activity that craft measurable business value.
This role is located in Singapore and you will be part of the regional data science team for APAC. You should own the above-mentioned work to achieve business goals, including engagement with business leaders for problem identification, recommending data sources inside or outside of the business to resolve problems, and advising junior team members on technical aspects of modelling.
- Continuous mentoring – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager and global peers
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work-life balance
- State of the art career development and exposure into your areas of interest in data science
- Demonstrate your skills on big data platforms and analytic tools to grasp the business building insights
- Evaluate available data sources and propose strategic acquisition or crafting of new data sources to assist ongoing problem resolution
- Work with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities, and then develop innovative and effective approaches to tackle team’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies
- Identify and/or create appropriate algorithms to resolve the problems, design experiments to validate initial assumptions and provide scenario modelling as required
- Lead discovery processes with business stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes
- In charge of model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact critical business processes and decisions
- Communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive
- Design and implement analytical frameworks in the context of overall performance marketing objectives such as media effectiveness, RnF/conversion rate optimisation, consumer engagement, smart audience creation, content optimisation and penalisation
- Master’s Degree or PHD level qualifications. Preferred quantitative disciplines include; Operations Research, Economic Theory, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, Analytics
- At least 5 years of experience as an Analyst, Lead Developer in BI systems, or Data Scientist with proven record of embedding advanced analytical models into business processes
- Possess strong technical skills, comfortable with SQL, R and/or Python and having a strong understanding of mathematical background of various modelling approaches
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools such as KNIME, Tableau, Spotfire
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence/big data ecosystems such as Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, Hive
- Knowledge of scientific computing such as C++, Java, Scala
- Knowledge of advanced analytical models such as Bayesian, optimisation (global, local, stochastic methods), uncertainty quantification, etc.
- Strong leadership record, exhibiting both ability to engage clients and lead a team
- Excellent written and good communication skills to influence others to take action
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and possess thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude.
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1984582 Felicity Burrows