Senior Data Scientist
Salary SGD120000 - SGD175000 per annum
Consultant Kai Reuber (R1872405)
Date posted 25 January 2019 2019-01-252019-03-22 fmcg Singapore SG SGD 120000 175000 175000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
One of the world's leading fast-moving consumer goods companies is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their Centre of Excellence.
About the Senior Data Scientist Role:
In this business crucial role, you will be responsible for utilising data, building models as a key driver for organisation performance by implementing global data driven solutions. You will be responsible for managing a small team, therefore prior management experience is ideal.
- Undertake initiatives such as optimising trade promotion investments, understanding sales drivers, and building models that enable markets to make better planning decisions
- Deliver the priority projects agreed between product owner and the markets
- Work with the product owners and market teams to fully understand the business problems and how to deliver relevant insights that lead to actions
- Gather data and build machine learning models to solve business problems requiring predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Work with colleagues within the Centre of Excellence, across locations and all levels of seniority, to develop optimal solutions
- Guide the work of third party vendors, ensuring optimal delivery while creating IP and capability within the organisation
- Support product teams scaling models into low-touch solutions to provide optimal ROI from data science
To succeed in the Senior Data Scientist job, you should preferably have experience in Cloud architecture (preferably MS Azure).
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant technical field like Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, or Mathematics. Overall experience of 7+ years preferred
- Experience working in a fast-moving consumer goods company and/or data – analytic supplier
- Strong track record insolving analytical problems using quantitative and machine learning approaches
- Deep experience in common machine learning techniques such as Random Forests, Boosting, Regularized Regression, Naïve Bayes Classifiers
- Working knowledge of advanced machine learning such as Deep Neural Networks, Support vector machines, Reinforcement learning and Bayesian networks
- Working knowledge in classical statistics (Regression, Clustering, Optimisation, Time Series, Probability)
- Deep experience in testing and measurement (A/B, multivariate, inferential measurement e.g. Causal Impact)
- Deep experience working with and coding in R, Python
- Working knowledge of data visualisation concepts in reports (Tableau or Power BI) and specialist tools (D3 or equivalent)
- Fluency extracting and combining complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from multiple sources (enterprise, proprietary,IoT, public domain), including unstructured data (comment threads, audio, video)
- Working knowledge working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Apache Spark, Hive, Imp ala)
- Working knowledge working in Microsoft Azure
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise, and actionable manner to senior business stakeholders
- Testing and measurement (A/B, multivariate etc.)
- Distributed computing (Hadoop, Spark, GPUs)
- CPG Industry
- Project management
- Strong Communication / Presentation Skills
- 3rd party resource management
- Change management
This leading organisation needs no introduction and is regarded as the leader in its field of expertise. Great value is place on training and development which makes it a great time to join the firm.
If you are driven and determined to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872405 Kai Reuber