Senior Analytics Manager
Salary SGD120000 - SGD175000 per annum
Consultant Kai Reuber (R1872405)
Date posted 25 January 2019 2019-01-252019-03-22 fmcg Singapore SG SGD 120000 175000 175000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
One of the world's leading fast-moving consumer goods companies is looking for a Senior Analytics Manager to join their Information and Analytics team.
About the Senior Analytics Manager Role:
You will be part of the team responsible for enhancing data science and data utilisation as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organisation performance. The team and yourself will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the market teams to ensure that decisions in the organisation are augmented with insight & recommendations wherever possible. You will be responsible for managing a small team, therefore prior management experience is ideal.
- The individual will own the delivery of the team's analytics and data plan that supports the global customer development transformation and local ambitions, including landing of existing analytic products (including change management plan), co-creation of analytic innovations, and acquisition of new data that is market specific
- Partners with global customer development COE members, in areas of Net Revenue Management, Route to Market and global customer development transformation, for instance, to align to top analytics and data priorities; ensures funding sufficiency
- Works with priority areas to identify market wide business issues. Translates requirements to insights needed to address these opportunities
- The role will focus on working on global customer development leadership priorities. It will help identify common themes amongst customer development teams in-market to build repeatable models against (e.g. improving pricing execution and SPI compliance, support growth from retailer data, land global programs requiring data and analytics)
- Serve as the trusted data and analytics consultant for key customer development leaders who provide product-solutions that rapidly solve for business problems
- Development of the annual analytic and data plan with funding sufficiency from the market
- Own delivery of the budget (ensure no over-underspending)
- Own the change management (ways of working to land capabilities on the ground – partnering with CD leaders as required to ensure landing of I&A products
- Ensure the career development of direct reports and talent pipeline into the product or cluster teams
- Accountable for innovating at least 1-2 new data and analytic methodologies driven by global needs which feed into the department's global product pipeline
To succeed in the Senior Analytics Manager job, you must have the ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise, and actionable manner.
- B.A. in a relevant field (Business Analytics, Operations Research), or PhD, M.S. in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, or Mathematics)
- Overall experience of 8-10+ years preferred
- Strong track record of working with senior business leadership (VPs+) to drive definition, alignment, and support for application of analytics and data to address complex business issues (e.g. centralisation of promotion spending decisions)
- Ability to rapidly connect & match analytics and data products to business needs
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, Python, Matlab, or SAS
- Experience in coding languages (Java, C) is a plus
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Working knowledge to apply Microsoft Azure analytics product to develop scaled analytic models in the cloud
- Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to apply an agile analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Stakeholder management experience
- Experienced in Change management
- Experienced in Project management
- Excellent communications skills
This leading firm is regarded as a leader in its field of expertise and great value is placed in training and development.
If you are driven and determined to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872405 Kai Reuber