Salary SGD6000 - SGD10000 per month
Consultant Kai Reuber (R1872405)
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-12 pharmaceuticals Singapore SG SGD 6000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Data Engineer job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading pharmaceutical company.
About the Data Engineer Role:
As an Analytics Data Engineer, you will be joining a new entrepreneurial business unit exploring exciting ways of using data and insight to enhance business and health care outcomes for the company and its clients. You will be responsible for the preparing and building large and complex datasets. You will be part of a great team with great exposure to various learning opportunities.
- Build large and complex data sets that are tailored to meet functional / non-functional business requirements from the company's teams of analysts, data scientists and business users
- Build the architecture and infrastructure for optimal ETL of data from wide varieties of data sources utilising SQL
- Work with multiple business stakeholders, vendors and internal analytics experts to build greater functionality to our data systems
- Provide ongoing optimisation, monitoring and tracking of data flow / pipeline architecture
- Get actively involved with ad-hoc analytics projects with the team if the need arises
To succeed in this Data Engineer role, you should be someone who loves optimising data systems / structures and who has been exposed in building them from the bottom-up. You should have a strong technical background in managing and working with large data sets with a minimum four years' experience in the field. An advanced knowledge of SQL will be a must have, while other additional languages (Python, Java, C++) are not required, but would be beneficial.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or similar
- At least four years' experience in similar roles
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL with experience in working with both relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in building and optimising 'big data' pipelines, architectures and datasets
- Have previously wrangled large datasets and run extensive data reconciliations to ensure data accuracy
- Strong analytical skills when working with both structured / unstructured datasets
- Project management and organisational skills
- Technical knowledge of:
- SAP HANA, Hadoop, Hive, Spark Kafka, NoSQL databases, AWS Cloud Services or Microsoft Azure, SQL and other object-oriented / object function scripting languages (Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.)
The team has a great start-up "feel" within a large global business. Career progression within the organisation is fluid with lots of opportunities for capable talent. This Data Engineer role will give you the opportunity to have a real actual impact on the business and contribute by achieving concrete health care outcomes.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872405 Kai Reuber