Data Science Manager
Consultant Ishan Aggarwal (R1764677)
Date posted 02 October 2018 2018-10-022018-12-01 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A newly-created Data Science Manager job is now available at a well-known courier and logistics company based in Changi. In this business-critical role, you will manage 18-19 countries in Asia Pacific and be responsible for leading the Data Science projects and implementation across business units
About the Data Science Manager Role:
You will be working closely with APAC stakeholders on different challenging projects, which will be used to drive commercial activities of the business.
- Work on larger programmes/initiatives encompassing several projects that have a company-wide impact
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how users interact with both consumer and business products
- Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyse diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes with the goal of increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Travel across the region from time to time to gain a better understanding of the markets, the key players and new ways data can be sourced
- Explain the essential insights to key business stakeholders, minimising complexity to focus on results
To succeed in this Data Science Manager role, you should have experience in machine learning areas and an ability to analyse large-scale data volumes.
- Masters, ideally a PhD preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- At least six years' industry experience in building large-scale end-to-end machine learning systems using a combination of big data tools and programming languages such as Scala, Java and/or Python
- Experience in machine learning areas such as recommender systems, NLP, pattern recognition, predictive modelling, artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated skills in developing experimental and analytic plans for data modelling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
- Ability to process and analyse large scale data volumes, semi-structured and unstructured data and near real-time throughput
This is an enormous opportunity within a leading logistics company to put your analytics knowledge to market use and analyse data across hundreds of thousands of data points. As a Data Science Manager you will be involved in understanding real-time data and applying results to support strategic business decisions.
The company has been rated one of the top organisations to work for and offers a great opportunity to be an integral part of a growing set-up.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1764677 Ishan Aggarwal