Salary SGD6000 - SGD8000 per month
Consultant Kai Reuber (R1872405)
Date posted 24 September 2018 2018-09-242018-11-23 new-media-and-internet 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Data Engineer job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading e-commerce company. You will be working for a company that offers a young and flat-structured environment.
About the Data Engineer Role:
You will be tasked to design, maintain and automate its data environments, making use of high-volume data available through its platform.
- Design and implement ETL solutions using one of the leading ETL packages (e.g. AWS Glue, Pentaho, Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStage, etc.)
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data engineering
- Able to understand business requirements
- Share expertise with fellow colleagues
To succeed in this Data Engineer role, you should have strong skills in software development and scripting.
- Minimum BSc. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline / equivalent experience
- At least two to three years' working experience
- Solid software development skills in at least one major language (e.g. Java, Scala) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Shell)
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Teradata)
- Big data platform experience would be a plus
- Experience with advanced schema design and data modelling techniques such as normalisation, SCD and star schemas; proficient in writing advanced and optimised SQL queries
- Agile and DevOps approach with operational experience in both
This is a leading e-commerce company that offers rewarding growth opportunities.
If you are driven and seek to take your career forward within an innovative and dynamic environment, this Data Engineer role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872405 Kai Reuber