Consultant Kai Reuber (R1872405)
Date posted 21 August 2018 2018-08-212018-10-20 new-media-and-internet 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Data Engineer job based in Singapore has become available at one of the region's leading e-commerce platforms.
About the Data Engineer Role:
Based in Singapore, you will be tasked to design and grow the company's data platform using open source technologies.
- Design and grow the company's data platform to support a variety of big data applications using open source technologies including Kafka, Hadoop, Presto, HBase, Spark, Hive, Druid, and the company's own creations; some examples include a real-time data streaming platform, a unified query platform, a cluster management system, and a machine learning platform
- Design and grow the company's data warehouse, build reliable and smart ways to ingest data to the warehouse, and help engineer efficient data pipelines; some examples include self-service data ingestion systems, Airflow-enabled workflows with code-as-configuration, and data validation tools
- Build critical data marts and applications to support products and solve specific business needs, design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimise data architectures to meet critical product and business requirements; some examples include a real-time Campaign Mart (used to serve the business with live intelligence) and Order Mart (to supply low latency seller performance system)
To succeed in this Data Engineer role, you should have prior experience in software development.
- Minimum B. Sci. Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least three years' working experience in software development in at least one of these languages: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, under Linux / Unix; Scala is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL; strong scripting ability in Bash is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto, and other big data experience is a plus
- Knowledge of designing and operating of a robust distributed system is a plus
- Should be enthusiastic in using and developing open source technologies
- Should love working with data
The job seniority will be dependent on your experience.
The company is a young e-commerce start-up. It has grown rapidly across the region in just a few years, with close to 5,000 staff.
If you are seeking an opportunity to advance in a challenging and innovative environment, with exposure to a huge analytics team and experienced Data Scientists, this Data Engineer role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872405 Kai Reuber