Consultant Kai Reuber (R1872405)
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Data Scientist job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading e-commerce company.
About the Data Scientist Role:
Based in Singapore, you will be tasked to work cross-functionally to develop predictive analytics for customer behaviour.
- Work cross-functionally with business managers, product managers, engineers and designers
- Develop predictive analytics for customer behaviour and apply machine learning and optimisation techniques in core subject areas including but not limited to: fraud detection, recommendation systems, product understanding, customer segmentation, demand forecasting and supply chain optimisation
- Implement data science experimental framework to enable organisation-wide experiments
- Build, validate, test, and deploy models and algorithms
- Make strategic data architecture recommendations
- Visualise data for business and technical audiences and conduct end-to-end data management starting from data collection/preparation to providing insights for key stakeholders
- Effectively communicate solution approaches and analyses to stakeholders
- Contribute to team’s innovation and IP creation
To succeed in this Data Scientist role, you should have proven research experience in machine learning and data sciences, along with excellent skills in Python/R. Additional experience in big data and deep learning stack will be appreciated. The firm strongly emphasises on technical degrees such as computer sciences.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics or fields related to data mining
- Working knowledge of supervised/unsupervised learning, classifier algorithms, clustering algorithms, data engineering, feature engineering/optimisation
- Good knowledge of recommendation system, knowledge graph, nature language processing, image processing and deep learning
- Possess strong data visualisation capabilities
- Knowledge of A/B testing, bandit optimisation, experiment design
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- Detail-oriented; an efficient time manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- At least three years' experience in Python and/or R development and Unix/Linux systems
- At least three years' experience in SQL (Mysql, Mssql, PostgresQL, Hive, etc)
The job seniority will be dependent on your experience.
The company is a young e-commerce start-up. It has grown rapidly across the region in just a few years, with close to 5,000 staff.
If you are seeking an opportunity to advance in a challenging and innovative environment, with exposure to a huge analytics team and other top Data Scientists, this Data Scientist role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this exciting role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872405 Kai Reuber