Salary SGD80000 - SGD100000 per annum
Consultant Janice Tee (R1875479)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A fantastic Quant Analyst opportunity at a globally reputed financial institution in Singapore is made available.
About the Quant Analyst Role:
This exciting Quant Analyst role requires strong programming, analytical problem solving skills, and a basic understanding of equity market dynamics. The position involves implementation and oversight of portfolio design processes (including alpha testing) as well as the development of quantitative toolsets resulting from ongoing research.
- Alpha test and simulate strategy ideas from portfolio manager(s)
- Independent research on strategies with negative/low correlation to existing strategies
- Use Python/R to build an alpha-testing/simulation environment with Bloomberg or comparable platform
- Research alternative data sets and applications for AI in the investment process
To succeed in this role, you must have a degree or experience working with Python/R.
- Experience with Bloomberg ideally BQuant
- Some understanding of practical constraints of alpha-testing/simulation (e.g. liquidity, using point-in-time datasets)
- Strong written/verbal communication skills - ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Personal skills: intellectual curiosity, humility and even temperament (a balance between patience and drive)
- Highly detail orientated
- Able to producing accurate work under pressure. Find the right balance of speed and accuracy, which will vary by situation
- Good people skills, willingness to learn
The company is a globally reputable financial institution. It has the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are determined and driven, then this Quant Analyst Role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this role.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1875479 Janice Tee