Transformation Leader - Data Science
Consultant Ishan Aggarwal (R1764677)
Date posted 02 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global supply chain leader is looking to recruit a Transformation Leader - Data Science in Singapore. This job is not a conventional data science role; you will be required to analyse business operations and processes across the organisation and build up propositions for the firm.
About the Transformation Leader - Data Science role:
You will be working on data governance, data integration, data interfaces and propagation, business intelligence and data analysis, algorithms and models. You will be responsible for supporting the data access and management needs across all business functions for the purposes of business intelligence and analytics.
- Communicating with different business units and departments to promote the optimal capture and use of data through data-driven decision making
- Providing strategic vision, leadership and management of the data mining, machine learning, visualisation, analytics, integration, and interface strategies
- Partnering with business leaders and stakeholders in various functional groups to identify, guide, and advise on advanced analytics application opportunities.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, techniques, tools to steer improvement and innovation of advanced analytics and data science
- Collaborate with IT community to drive innovative analytics and data science solutions, including data, tools, methods, and infrastructure
- Involvement in developing user-interface designs to present data optimally for effective business
To succeed in this Transformation Leader - Data Science role, you should come with at least 10 years' experience in the use of mathematical models and advanced analytics.
- Master’s or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or other related quantitative disciplines is required
- 10+ years' industry experience in successfully deploying mathematical models & advanced analytics
- Proven thought leadership in solving complex problems with examples of implementing innovative analytic solutions and driving outstanding results
- Experience in partnering with business stakeholders to drive model adoption and change management
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, big data architecture and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.) is a plus
- Proven track record of building, developing and leading a data science team focused on application of optimisation modeling and advanced analytics
- Solid understanding of BI and data solutions, including Power Pivot, cubes, data warehouse, and data marts
- Experience with data visualisation and presentation (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) is preferred
- Travel across SEA is a part of the job scope
This is a leading supply chain company that offers challenging but rewarding growth opportunities.
If you have the drive and the qualifications to succeed in this role, and have the ability to build a department from ground-up and inculcate analytics and machine learning from a business perspective, then this Transformation Leader - Data Science role is for you.
Reach out to me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1764677 Ishan Aggarwal