Salary 25 days holiday + public holidays + medical
Consultant Felicity Burrows (R1984582)
Date posted 16 August 20192019-08-16 2019-10-15 insurance Singapore SG SGD 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Commercial Data Analyst job has become available for a leading global brand in Singapore.
About the Commercial Data Analyst Role:
In this role, you will be key in supporting day-to-day decision making and long-term planning in the business.
- The creation and maintenance of analytical sandboxes to execute delivery of ad hoc research, analysis and valuation work required to present up-to-date business intelligence – in particular, segmented supply-demand trends – to inform and recommend key decisions around what to purchase, what to sell and in which locations, how to set prices
- Support the publication of key internal reports for cycle planning, reporting and analysis/key external reports for financial and business performance
- Preparation of fit-for-purpose and user-friendly dashboards to summarise the outcomes of analyses for decision-making forums
- Key stakeholders will all be internal and includes sales and commercial, operations, finance and information services teams
- Delivery of research, numerate analysis and valuation work in relation of business intelligence to financial results to better inform and influence decisions around how the client's goods are sold
- Work closely with technology and business intelligence department stakeholders to create an analytical sandbox that allows the Commercial Data Analyst to blend immutable information from the data warehouse and user-created desktop spreadmarts to execute delivery of routine analysis, ad hoc research – to better inform the wider sales and commercial teams of sales performance and its associated business intelligence, with the objective of achieving more accurate sales forecasting and sell-out rates
- Assist/assume responsibility for the creation of a pricing model for third-party purchases with the express aim of improving assortment, value creation and ultimately higher achieved prices/margins for the resultant blended goods
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of analytical tools, models and databases for the delivery of segmented market analysis
- Test and triangulate market data and resolve contradictions including through formulating hypotheses for the in-market teams and/or market research instruments to test
- Deliver agreed analysis packs in support of decision making at auction sales and the client's decision making committees
- Incorporate data mining functions into daily business intelligence reporting or develop relevant model to test hypotheses on new intelligence
- Investigate the use of AI tools for market insights and computer-assisted hypo-testing for key decisions
- Assist in the development or maintenance/keeping up to date of digital /web applications and tools in the digital platform (primarily viewings) and its associated data input/output to be in line with data warehouse upload and integrity requirements
- Degree in commerce, economics, business, or similar disciplines with a focus on data analytics and insights, with a minimum of one year of relevant working experience
- Preferable professional qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CFA) or eligibility for above qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience in using quantitative techniques and concepts such as cost-benefit, linear regression, supply-demand curves, etc.
- High proficiency in MS Excel/Powerpoint is essential
- e-Commerce/web application management experience is advantageous
- Business intelligence and visualisation tools such as Microstrategy, Salesforce, especially Tableau, etc., is highly advantageous
- Macro-writing/web-scripting/data-mining solutions preferred but not mandatory
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1984582 Felicity Burrows