Salary SGD160000 - SGD230000 per annum + Attractive
Consultant Valerie Corera (R1332085)
Date posted 17 December 2018 2018-12-172019-02-12 banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Business Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected global financial services firm based in Singapore.
About the Business Analyst Role:
You will lead the bank's risk platform for the FX Options, Precious Metals, and Commodities desks. The role sits in CIBITO (Corporate and Institutional Banking, Information Technology, and Operations) Risk group and provides close interaction with the traders and head of desks in the FX Options, Precious and commodities businesses.
- Gather and document business requirements, write user stories. Review and agree prioritisation of the book of work with key business stakeholders
- Organise Sprint plannings with the developers
- Identify dependencies and blockers, actively engage with other teams in SABRE, in ITO and beyond to ensure a working solution – not a simple technical capability – is delivered to users
- Review, test, document the deliveries. Troubleshoot issues in Risk, P&L (trade replication, market data, analytics, etc)
- Work actively and creatively with automation testers to ensure all new functionalities are tested and added in test pack with optimal coverage and performance
- Demo the deliveries to traders, gather feedback, sign offs, and continuously improve the application in an iterative, Agile approach
- Build a strong and effective relationship with the business. Chair weekly project meetings with key traders to report on progress and review issues
- Maintain and spread knowledge of the solutions being developed with the other stream leads and the broader team
- Ensure solutions developed are generic and reusable as possible
To succeed in the Business Analyst job, you should preferably have a good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming and architecture is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid Financial knowledge – FXO and Commodities are a must - encompassing products (options, structured & exotics), pricing models and trade life cycle. Strong knowledge in models is mandatory.
- Experience working in a Front Office environment, facing senior traders. Ability to work, prioritise and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to translate business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- Knowledge of Murex is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Multicultural awareness, personal authority, integrity and ethics
The company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and automy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven and determined to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Apply today or ring me for a private discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1332085 Valerie Corera