Agile Business Analyst
Consultant Kelly Soh (R1325854)
Date posted 30 November 2016
A leading Asset Management company is seeking a Strong Agile Business Analyst to be a core member of the agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence.
About the Agile Business Analyst role:
You will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, and also contribute to development and testing activities. You are also responsible for managing your own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of the agile team. You will rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on agile values and principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
- Hands-on analysis, quality assurance support, documentation and maintenance of IT reporting systems (e.g. VRS) will be beneficial
- Support product owners and epic owners/analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the team are suitably well defined and structured
- Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the product owner
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (e.g. development, testing)
- Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
- Performing the role of scrum master for the agile team if required to do so
You will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in business analysis involving financial services industry experience possess experience within agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe.
- Experience of working with data visualisation tools such as Tableau for generating dashboards/analytics
- Has been involved in the end to end delivery of client reporting tools/system with strong ability to understand data sources and warehouse
- Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
- Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and common programming languages is preferred
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences & time zones
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
This international financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in the banking world. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Agile Business Analyst job.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1325854 Kelly Soh