ETRM Platform Architect
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Elijah Underhill (R1980880)
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-12 2019-09-10 it Singapore 30 Hill St SG 179360 SGD 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting ETRM Platform Architect and Lead job has just become available at a massive industry leader in energy and commodities, based here in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Digital & Technology, this is a role for a seasoned and technical ETRM professional who wants to own a platform and product.
About the ETRM Platform Architect and Lead Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for owning the entire ETRM platform from a technology standpoint, supporting the commodities trading and risk division. You will be a solutions architect and platform owner, bridging digital/technology and business functions for the business, owning the techno-functional architecture for everything energy trading and risk management.
If you have proven experience and expertise in commodity markets (Gas, Coal, Power, Freight), geographic markets (Singapore, Australia, UK), physical and financial instruments in addition to knowledge of contract life-cycle management and risk management controls, this could be the right fit for you.
- Platform Architect, Lead and Product Owner:
- Own the ETRM platform for the technology, supporting commodities trading and risk functions of the business
- Conceptualise, build and own business case for technology investments including business presentations that bridge the techno-functional gap
- Work with senior management and business heads to establish the commodities trading division across front, middle and back offices
- Programme Management:
- Ensure successful end-to-end build, deployment and implementation
- Work closely with the entire digital and technology (IT) teams through all phases of project to ensure corporate guidelines are adhered to
- Be the SME and bridge between digital and technology, management, business users and ETRM implementation and vendor teams
- Troubleshoot, analyse and resolve complex user issues
- Technical and Business Solution Architecture:
- Own the technology and functional architecture for the ETRM platform
- Strategy design for the technology to support the business
- Work closely with management and consultants to identify and outline end to end processes
- Design, evaluate, select and oversee implementation of ETRM software and package(s) and recommend overall technical direction
- Integrate ETRM platform with all other digital platforms and applications
To succeed in the ETRM Platform Architect and Lead role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with senior business management, across teams and borders to ensure the solution you develop is thorough, high performing and reliable.
- 10 years' of hands-on ETRM technology experience
- Deep understanding of end to end processes from front, middle and back offices for trading functions
- Experience in physical and financial trading on one or more commodity categories in one or more relevant geo-locations globally
- Experience in business process analysis and engineering complex systems design and implementation for trading and risk management
- Knowledge of multiple ETRM software solutions with in-depth experience on one or more market leading products (Allegro, Aspect, Endur, Eka, etc.)
- Must be familiar with lightweight ETRM platforms and versions
- Large scale business and technology program management
- Experience designing and implementing stand-alone tools for ETRM systems
- Must be able to work closely with senior management and C-suite level partners of large publicly listed companies
- Experience coordinating multiple projects within a single programme
- Knowledgeable in industry best practices for processes and implementations of large, complex global commercial solutions within commodities trading
This global firm is a leading water, energy and marine group, operating across five continents worldwide. As a leading industrial and municipal provider of water and energy solutions, they are also global leaders in offshore engineering and urban development.
With a growing renewable portfolio and an increased focus on growing OECD markets, the decision to build a highly sophisticated merchant trading platform is the obvious next step. A team of trading and operations experts are being assembled as we speak and the business is building a proprietary Energy Trading and Risk Management system with your expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take that next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities and progression await the right person.
Apply today or drop me an email to discuss.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1980880 Elijah Underhill