Senior Cloud Architect
Salary SGD120000 - SGD200000 per annum
Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-03-05 it Singapore SG SGD 120000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new Senior Cloud Architect job based in Singapore has just become available at one of the world's biggest financial firms. You will get the opportunity to define the cloud architecture for the company from the ground up.
About the Senior Cloud Architect Role:
You will be tasked to provide deep technical expertise both to shape the data strategy of the company and to provide actual solutions to business challenges faced currently by operational entities in the field of customer processes, business processes and new services.
- Develop strategic plans for cloud-based solutions, including but not limited to: transition and building strategies, risk assessment, and roadmap planning
- Design and oversee the implementation and integration of cloud-based systems; this includes migrating on premise applications to cloud infrastructure, maintaining applications already in cloud infrastructure as well as building new systems
- Help to develop transformation plan of traditional systems to new cloud environment for entities
- Investigate and communicate impact of architecture and design choices on non-functional attributes such as scalability, performance, availability and security; identify gaps, strategic and financial impacts, risk profile in technical solutions
To succeed in this Senior Cloud Architect role, you should have a solid understanding of system development in cloud environments.
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience in complex integration projects in both cloud and private environments
- Extensive knowledge of modern web development/architecture technologies, design patterns, and object-oriented programming concepts, including REST, Web Services, API’s and SQL/No-SQL databases
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or Certified Cloud Technology Professional certification is a plus
- Practical experience in at least one programming language: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Good understanding of data science topics is a plus
- Experience in defining solution architecture for cloud-based systems, including experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure; experience with other cloud solutions a plus (Hadoop, Google Cloud Platform)
- Prior experience with the architecture and migration of existing on-premise applications to cloud infrastructure
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of web-based solutions in a cloud-based environment
This is an established financial firm that is embarking on a major transformation program. Their culture in the Singapore offices is renowned as one of the best on the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Cloud Architect role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak