Solution Architect (AWS)
Salary SGD8000 - SGD11000 per month
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 04 October 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Solution Architect (AWS) job has just become available at one of the most respected global IT firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Solutions, this is a role for an Architect who is a leader in their field.
About the Solution Architect (AWS) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside the pre-sales team. You will also take the lead in providing direction to all architecture-related activities, including finding solutions and consulting.
- Independently lead client design workshops and provide trade-offs and recommendations
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimise applications for AWS
- Author blog entries and whitepapers on AWS technical and strategic topics
- Business Case development/TCO, application assessment, and migration planning, Cloud Operating Model design
- Contribute to the Accenture AWS community and assets
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organisational objectives
- Set strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility
To succeed in the Solution Architect (AWS) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior business development teams and clients, across borders and internal matrix.
- Minimum three years; experience with Amazon Web Services; candidates must have strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS
- At least two AWS Associate Certifications or one AWS Professional Certification
- Hands-on AWS experience with a minimum of two implementations (preferred in enterprise-scale environments)
- Experienced AWS Cloud Architect with specialisation in at least one of the following areas:
- AWS Cloud Strategy: business case development, application assessment and migration planning, Cloud Operating Model design
- AWS Security: Compliance, Cloud Security Architecture, third-party security tools/platforms, encryption/KMS/CloudHSM, Inspector, Macie, IAM policies/roles, Shield, WAF, etc.
- AWS Migration: Optimisation of applications to scalable cloud designs, re-architecturing applications to modern cloud patterns, and database migration (including cross-platform)
- Enterprise packaged/COTS Applications on AWS: SAP / HANA, Oracle Applications, WebMethods, etc. on AWS
- Big Data: NoSQL data model design, DynamoDB, Redshift design and tuning, Athena, etc.
- DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: AWS environment and application automation utilising CloudFormation and third-party tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.). CI/CD pipeline setup using AWS services such as CodeBuild/Commit/Deploy
- Experienced in the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with application architecture patterns and best practices
- Proficient with JSON and AWS CloudFormation
This global IT firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. With great clients and known for its corporate entertainment, it has won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Solution Architect (AWS) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed