Chief Product Officer
Consultant Nathan Smit (R1871799)
Date posted 21 September 2018 2018-09-212018-11-20 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Chief Product Officer job based in Singapore has just become available at an e-commerce company.
About the Chief Product Officer Role:
In this role, you will drive the e-commerce organisation and collaborate with various functional experts to provide a best-in-class consumer experience with an emphasis on aggressive sales growth, conversion and operational excellence. You will drive brand positioning and connections to consumers with brand and digital marketing team leadership.
You will also run the day-to-day operations of the e-commerce business, overseeing merchandising, buying, planning, and fraud management. You will provide guidance and support to international markets to help grow the global online sales channel.
- Work with finance team and Global VP Digital Channels in management of US Profit and Loss: Gross Margin, CapEx, and OpEx (marketing, G&A, and selling expenses)
- Create and maintain all net sales and margin targets for submission to finance and the executive team
- Responsible for the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of the US e-commerce business to achieve aggressive sales goals and optimisation of site-wide KPIs
- Oversee paid strategy, implementation and execution of all online marketing campaigns, including Search, Social Marketing, Video, Retargeting, and Display Networks managed by Digital Marketing Lead
- Collaborate with Marketing & Wholesale teams to ensure best possible alignment on go-to-market initiatives across channels and regions
- Define and lead high priority initiatives including lifetime value models, audience segmentation, and retargeting initiatives
- Build online marketing playbook ensuring all reporting is actionable, working to ensure that every investment is delivering maximum return against defined objectives
- Work with Retail Planning & Buying teams to ensure alignment in assortment planning, while maintaining a wide breadth of available products
- Own markdown and promotional strategies to maximise profits, including margin implications for inventory control and margin dilution
- Work with retail and wholesale counterparts in managing overall inventory for maximum margin impact for the total company
- Lead e-commerce merchandising team in evaluating top/bottom selling styles and refine go-forward plan, web creative, marketing initiatives and email communication accordingly
- Responsible for development of promotional strategies to achieve both revenue and customer acquisition goals
- Manage monthly and yearly Open-to-Buy including Demand, Shipped Sales, Net Sales, Returns, Initial and Weighted Margin, Inventory Receipts, and Cost of Goods Sold ensuring optimal inventory turn by anticipating trends and reforecasting
To succeed in this Chief Product Officer role, you should have experience working in an e-commerce environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, retail management, e-commerce, internet business or a related field of study
- Experience with SalesForce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) preferred
- Eight years' working experience in a large complex e-commerce environment with at least five years' progressive responsibility in a merchandising and/or buying capacity with track record of conversion/sales success
- Five years' team management experience
- Background in site enhancements and platform updates, well versed in optimising online user experience
- Strategic thinker and dynamic leadership skills
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
- Experience with budgeting, cost estimating, vendor contract negotiations, and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Ability to develop and prepare comprehensive financial/business analyses
- Should be a motivated self-starter, process-oriented with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and flexibility to accommodate demanding project schedules
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Well-versed in understanding, strategising around, and executing against web analytics
This is an e-commerce company with rewarding growth opportunities. If you see synergy in the requirements listed above and your experience, this Chief Product Officer role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871799 Nathan Smit