Regional Product Manager
Consultant Nathan Smit (R1871799)
Date posted 27 August 2018 2018-08-272018-10-26 media 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Regional Product Manager job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading media company.
About the Regional Product Manager Role:
You will share the passion for TV and entertainment to own live streaming and linear video publishing products. This position is critical to the ever-expanding drive to change the way people interact with video entertainment.
- Keep on top of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly
- Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypothesis
- Expert level knowledge of the platforms, technologies and roadmap you are responsible for, specialising in new and upcoming feature sets
- Author detailed product briefs explaining the why and the what for a given initiative
- Relationship management with stakeholder including driving consensus and prioritisation
- Drive design and requirement prioritisation of the customer experience on smart TVs, set top boxes, and game consoles
- Engage regularly with tech leads and program managers to define scope and manage feature sets, sprints, and releases
- Create flow charts and user stories while working with solution design and UI/UX teams to ensure product optimisation
- Work with project management/release team to ensure final products are built to the product specification and UI/UX specifications
- Ensure that all new features, enhancements, applications are viable across all territories/implementations
- Be accountable for your successes and failures
To succeed as the Regional Product Manager, you should be passionate about what you do and be motivated by the opportunity to have a direct impact on our products and a front row seat to the digital revolution affecting media today. You are data driven with a deep understanding of consumer behaviour and evolving trends in the rapidly changing video streaming market.
You will leverage this knowledge to easily operate across multiple brands, languages, genres and regions. You are the safe-keeper of the company's vision, can bring clarity to chaos, juggle multiple demands on your time, and align conflicting priorities into a single successful roadmap.
You should be a decision maker who can see the long-term strategy while understanding the need for sometimes making tactical compromises; last but not least you should always be the user’s champion.
- Minimum three to five years' experience in the digital media, advertising or entertainment fields
- Three to five years' experience in managing subscription, heavy user acquisition or high-quality streaming services (live or VOD)
- Background in at least one of the following types of products: connected TVs, mobile devices, game consoles
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of concurrent projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgement
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Must demonstrate solid organisation/communication skills
- Data driven with exceptional attention to detail and familiarity with analytics tools (e.g. Adobe analytics and the like)
- Proven leader who can execute high quality user experiences and deliver products quickly in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to secure cooperation and drive consensus across senior management and other departments as well as partners internally and externally
- Should be a movie, television, music and technology junkie
This is one of the most prominent live streamlining companies in the market. Be sure to put your profile forward if you see synergy in the requirements listed above and your experience.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871799 Nathan Smit