Digital Development and Lab Manager
Consultant Nathan Smit (R1871799)
Date posted 18 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Digital Development and Lab Manager job has just become available at a leading agricultural business based in Singapore. As an Engineering leader, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to the Agile team while being hands-on in development work.
About the Digital Development and Lab Manager Role:
The company has embarked on a plan to completely digitise the current business model and/or to develop new business models generating new revenue streams based on digital technologies.Removing technical impediments, designing the platform/application implementations with cutting edge technologies and leading a successful team are core parts of responsibilities.
- Deliver engineering solutions on time with high bar of quality
- Work with and influence a large number of cross-functional teams
- Stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and learn from other members of the engineering community
- Drive new tools and processes in Agile development teams
- Adopt innovative practices at the workplace
This position requires working in a fast-paced environment which needs realigning priorities and changing strategies for successful implementation of business requirements. To succeed as the Digital Development and Lab Manager, you should have a proven track record of successfully creating and implementing a digital change agenda as well as a wealth of experience in designing digital products and services that solve both conventional and complex business solutions.
- At least 10 years' experience in software engineering, platform engineering, middleware or database technology
- At least 3 years' experience with architecture design
- At least 3 years' cloud-centric micro-services application architecture experience
- Master's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 3+ years' experience designing and externalising APIs
- 3+ years' experience managing medium to large sized Agile teams
- 3+ years' experience with the AWS eco-system, toolsets and deployment architecture
- 3+ years' leading modern development approaches (containerisation, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption
- Desire to have an tech industry-wide impact
This is a leading agricultural business that offers challenging but rewarding opportunities for growth. If you are driven and motivated to take your career forward, this Digital Development and Lab Manager job is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871799 Nathan Smit