Director, Solutions Architecture
Salary SGD16000 - SGD18000 per month
Consultant Nathan Smit (R1871799)
Date posted 02 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Director, Solutions Architecture job has just been made available at a leading entertainment company based in Singapore. You will be tasked to oversee large-scale, customer-facing and consumer web and cloud-based applications architecture and big data farming.
About the Director, Solutions Architecture role:
You will be based in Singapore and head up the web application and big data architecture for the innovations and digital team of one of the most prominant broadcasters in the world.
- Provide technical design and architectural leadership, including documenting and diagramming the logical, physical, and process views
- Facilitate organisational change by defining strategies for the firm with respect to technology domain standards and design goals
- Develop and maintain roadmaps, which include product selection, versions, upgrades, projects and milestones
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks, and increase security
- Lead efforts for technology evaluations, which involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products against the desired features; research activities include readings, proof-of-concepts (POCs), and lab testing
- Communicate leading practices by giving presentations, working with project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies, and otherwise defined leading practices; work individually and collaboratively with team members to ensure breadth and granularity of strategies, standards and reference architectures for consistency and integration
To succeed in this Director, Solutions Architecture role, you should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing Web Application and Big Data architecture and reference architectures; from business requirements gathering to technology rollout oversight, including capacity management, definition of scoring methodologies for technology selection, integration of multiple tools and technical documentation
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority
- Ability to prioritise, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work
- Strong trouble-shooting and organisational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organisational plans
- 7+ years' design and implementation experience with distributed applications
- 2+ years' experience in architecture gateways to data lakes or database architecture
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
The Director, Solutions Architecture will be part of an environment (new media and internet) that will allow for years of solution design and data aggravation to support multiple product releases throughout Europe, Asia and the Americas.
If you see synergy in your experience to the above-mentioned requirements and would like to be exposed to some of the more exciting and rewarding IoT projects in the market, this role is for you.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871799 Nathan Smit